Easter

Lent is where everyone gives up something. Right? I don’t think so. I think it is just counting down to Easter. When I think of Easter, I think chocolate.
I love Easter. Chocolate eggs is what I wait for each year. On Easter morning I look in my bag and eat all of the chocolate. Yum! I always yell, “Easter, Easter, Easter, everyone likes Easter!”
But this year I have a feeling that I am not going to get what I want…
On Easter morning this year, I woke up and looked in my bag. But I could not see any chocolates. My brother must have woken up before me and stolen my chocolates! I thought to myself.
In the morning I asked him, “Did you wake up and get my chocolates?” “No, I have already got my chocolates. I don’t need your dirty ones.” He said. Where is my chocolate?! I thought. But then, when I was in my room and I shut the door, the Easter Bunny was standing right in front of me.
“You don’t deserve chocolates,” he said. “I only give them to the nice kids, and I can tell you that you are not a nice person, just a selfish one.”
“But…”
“No buts. I hope you learn your lesson,” he said, and then vanished into thin air.
I was shocked. “Did that really just happen to me?!” I said to myself. I pinched myself. “Yes. It did just happen to me.”
I told my Mum what just happened. “You must have been imagining things. The Easter Bunny wouldn’t just show himself.”
“But Mum, it is true…”
My brother cut me off and said, “Well if the Easter Bunny showed himself, he should have showed himself to me. I have been way nicer than you.”
“Don’t tease your sister Sam. I think you shouldn’t get any chocolates now for teasing your sister,” said Mum.
“But Mum…” said my brother.
“No buts.” Yelled Mum.
“Well now I know to be nice, and then I will get chocolates,” I said. “Where should I start?”
Mum looked surprised. “Umm, it is Easter, you don’t have to do any jobs today, but if you want to do jobs until next Easter, I will be happy,” said Mum.
So now that I have learnt my lesson, I was always nice to the people in my world. The Easter Bunny called me one day and told me that I was invited to his 100th birthday party on Saturday.
“Yay!” I said. And it turns out that Mum and the Easter Bunny are really good friends, and that Mum was just lying on that day.
I also told my friends about this day, and I will just tell you one thing, they loved the story!
My family all wanted to hear the story over and over again, especially my baby sister and my cousins.
When I was older, I became a story writer, and boy was my story about Easter a hit!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!