My Baby Brother.

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Having two brothers was great, we got along ok but I desperately wanted a sister. I constantly nagged my mum for two whole years to have a beautiful baby. My mother kept saying "no" because it was extremely hard having three children already. On a sunny fete day at school, I could see my mum approaching me with a big smile on her face. She seemed really excited and gave me a little ultrasound photo and said "guess what, I'm pregnant!" She gave me a really big hug and I was surprised to hear that she was already 3 months pregnant, but she didn't want to say anything earlier to make sure the pregnancy was all good. We were all so excited to find out if it was a boy or girl. My mum knew how enthusiastic I would be to go to the ultrasound so she took me with her to the appointment. We found out that it was a boy, I was so disappointed and explained to my mum that they could have made a mistake. I was feeling down for the rest of the day. On the first of July 2013 my baby brother was born. He was perfect. A small gorgeous wide eyed baby with soft skin. It was one of the best days ever and I was attached to him instantly. I found myself checking on him regularly to make sure he was breathing fine, because that's what my mother did. I realised that having a boy or girl baby didn't matter as long as the baby is healthy and happy. I spend lots of time playing with him and singing to him everyday. I realised that his favourite song is twinkle, twinkle little star and he enjoys dancing to the wiggles. I love my baby brother so much that words can't describe.
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!