Saving Private Jones

As we landed on Normandy beach we got hailed by machine gun fire. Twenty of my crew were killed including the team leader.I was hit in the shoulder as well and I was unconscious for about half an hour. Luckily the Nazis didn't notice I was still alive. I saw them take Private Jones, he was still alive. They took him to somewhere close to the beach where there wasn't anymore Nazis. After they all left I limped to the gun nest where they have maps and plans of where they take prisoners. I found a French soldier who new the prison well, he got me past the Germans. I found a dead German and put his uniform on. We got into a German staff car and along the way we found enemy patrols. We snuck past the guards and we found Private Jones in a building on the west wing and we went in to save him. They said they were going to execute him in an hour. Luckily I knew how to speak German so I told the guards to go and have lunch. in the mean time I went to Private Jones cell and opened the door and I snuck him out the same way I came in. We got in the car and drove towards the beach. On the beach the paratroopers were waiting to help us. They helped us get on a ship heading for Great Britten towards freedom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!