Naomi's Schoolbag

I poked at my schoolbag with a stick. Something was in there alright. Something moving. Something alive. I poked my schoolbag again. I was at home now with the air-conditioner on very low. “I’m gonna have to open my bag sometime” I thought to myself. I left a note saying,
Dear Mum and Dad,
If you find me dead or injured, I’ve been eaten by the animal in my schoolbag.
Love, From Naomi.
I held my breath and opened the schoolbag. I let go of my breath. It was only Rosie, Mrs McKelly’s cat. I gave Rosie a quick cuddle and thought “What should I do with Rosie?”. I could just give Rosie to Mrs McKelly and get the $1000 reward, but then Mum would know that there had been a cat in the house and I would get in trouble because my Mum is allergic to cats. A few hairs had already fallen on the floor. Mum will go crazy from sneezing.
I decided to sneak over to Mrs McKelly’s and just put Rosie in Mrs McKelly’s backyard. It would be hard but I knew that Patrick would help me. He’s a ninja so he could just jump over the fence, dodge the dangerous lasers in Mrs McKelly’s backyard and throw small ninja stars at the evil garden gnomes. I called Patrick.
“I need your help” I cried.
“How many cookies do you have?” asked Patrick.
“Why do you want cookies?” I yelled.
“I run on cookies today” he said, “I need seven”.
Patrick and I met outside Mrs McKelly’s backyard. After I gave him the cookies he went and jumped over the fence. About 20 seconds later Patrick came back saying "That was disappointing”.
“Great” I thought, “Now I have to cheer him up!”.
“There were no evil gnomes” Patrick said.
“Oh well” I said, “Did Rosie get back safely?”.
“I think so. She ran up a tree and wouldn’t come back down” Patrick sighed.
When I got home I saw Mum in bed. “She found cat hairs on your jumper” Dad said. “Do know anything about this?”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!