Leopard's Sanctuary

As the Leopard, rapidly, pounded he was hunting, tracking down his prey in the desolate wilderness. He had just sighted his kill, he leapt and slashed at the deer, but it evaded. The Leopard had entered a world of deep CONFUSION, there were countless ruthless numbers of beasts approaching the Leopard. He became startled and hid in the prickly bush nearby. Momentarily the enemy pack silently foraged the area, trying to be undetected, then they left after they had eaten. The Leopard discovered a deer, by studying his movement he came to the conclusion, the deer was fairly simple minded.
Later there were thousands of recklessness roars, they filled the pitiful canyon, the defenceless creatures were terrified, PETRIFIED! Quickly the Leopard vanished upon the mist, and later came upon a pond, to see the steamy stillness. The horizon slowly peaked into the crystal dome, the Leopard slowly, moved to see a dead animal, ravaged, scarred for life and obliterated by the enemy pack. By the sound of that piercing gun bullet, POOF! BANG! the Leopard became very alarmed and was startled once again, strafing left to right he could simply tell that there was a Vast, Raging, Insane, Furious and uncontrollable hunter! After awhile of sprinting he spotted the hunter and leapt, he ran around the hunter making him bemused, later, he had found a clan that had been enveloped by the hunter, in a big cloth bag some of the rotten hooves had been ripped, torn off. The hunter shouted and it reverberated continuously through the dome shaped, rocky canyon.
There was a great golden piercing roar nearby, a Lion was at the very walls of the canyon, pressed up by the tensed hunter from before, he charged at the hunter, to the aid of the Lion, thought it was not part of his tribe, the hunter turned immediately and was bashed over by the Leopard, the Lion’s golden fur was incredible, unbelievable, it glided with the wind and was as soft as mist… The Lion pounded out of sight, the wind was singing with the Lion, his great roar filled the canyon, I started to sprint… I stopped and turned around slowly, there it was an ambitious wildebeest! He was outrageous and wanted to revenge his pack by the looks of it. It was getting sunny, the Leopard had no sleep that night, so he vanished amongst the grey pitched mist, and returned to his precious hidden cave, to rest and regenerate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!