Get Over It

What’s the most painful thing in the world? People will have different opinions on what they think is the answer. Well I think that the most painful thing is when you get a triple threat, boyfriend cheats on you with some slut, and best friend ditches you and then someone says to kill yourself. These things to happen to a girl in one week is a lot to take in. Of course it hurts a lot, then when people say to get over it. They don’t understand because they haven’t been through it before and think it’s something you can just move on from and get over it. Now my mum makes me go to therapy to let it all out, I don’t like it at all. I don’t even think it’s meant for my benefit, gets me out of the house so mum’s alone with her boyfriend. I don’t tell Kate anything; my mum told her what I was going through. I hated her for that and a lot of other things.

“Louise, how have you been?” I look at Kate, I don’t think she gets me but she’s the only person who at least partly gets it, I mean she deals with petty teen troubles every day. “It’s been okay I guess,” she looked at me like I was meant to tell her all about my pathetic life. “Don’t think that I’m only doing this to get the money off you, I really am trying to help you Louise. I know how hard things can be with your boyfriend cheating, your best friend ditching you and then someone tells you to kill yourself.” I sat there playing with my thumbs and tried to choke back tears. Anger started to form inside, I started breathing slower to try to calm myself down, it didn’t work. “Louise, please talk to me. I know it’s hard but you need to let it go-” that in fumed me. I couldn’t hold it back anymore. “LET IT GO?! YOU CAN’T JUST LET IT GO WHEN PEOPLE TELL YOU TO KILL YOURSELF, WHEN YOUR BEST FRIEND DITCHES YOU AND TREATS YOU LIKE SHIT, THEN YOUR BOYFRIEND CHEATS ON YOU. YOU CAN’T JUST LET THAT GO. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M GOING THROUGH.” I was standing looking down at her and then ran out the door onto the streets.

I sat down crying, I got the idea of going to the train station, wait for a train and at the last minute jump onto the tracks and end my pain. I mean people are telling me to kill myself so why not do them a favour? I got to the train station and a train was coming. Why am I giving them the pleasure of victory? What about my family? I felt an urge to jump; I felt like a waste of space, I saw Blake. “CATCH HER!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!