Lee's Air Ballooning Experience

“Mum, dad I’m going for a walk down to the post office” Lee yelled to her mother and father, “and I’m taking the dog” she added, Lee and her dog walked down the road that they always walked down. For some weird reason Lee did not feel safe, she had butterflies in her tummy, she thought someone was following her, but it might be that she was nervous because she really want to win.
Lee was going in a ‘Chill Sunday Mail’ competition. The prize was a family pass to ‘Air Balloon Ink’- which really is a pass for 2 children and 2 adults. Lee’s favourite subject is science, especially things to do with gravity. She also really likes air balloons, helicopters and planes. It was on her bucket list to go in an air balloon. Her best friend Chelsea also liked science and air balloons. It was Chelsea’s birthday in 2 weekend’s time and lee really wantedto win her the best birthday present ever!
Lee and her dog arrive at the post office, Lee crouched down to her dog. And shook her dog’s hand in the same hand as what the competition entry is in, crosses her fingers as she puts the entry through the mail box opening. “Please” she pleaded as she kept her fingers crossed and walked away.
Three days later she went back to the post office to collect mail for her mother, she found a letter addressed to her instead of her mother. She wondered why it was addressed to her, as she forgotten about the completion. Lee thought hard about why she was getting a letter as she walked back home.
When she got home she showed her mum the letter, “You can open it, lee her mother replied. But Lee wasn't opening it normally, she was going super slowly, it was her first letter addressed to her, and she was nervous. Rip, rip, rip, rip,”YEAH, WAHO!!” Lee yelled as she danced all around the house. She stopped and read the information. She read it all and handed it to her mother, and tipped the envelope down to see if if there was anything else in there, came out was the four tickets and a brochure of the company ‘Air Balloon Ink’ fell out. Lee showed her mum and ran straight to her room to ring Chelsea.
It came to the day. Lee picked Chelsea up and they headed off when they got to the place where the air ballooning was held they told them some importation about the company. They got up about ten metres and the pilot said, “this balloon has been around for one century” Suddenly everyone heard a breaking noise. The pilot told them to grab the ropes and stand on the top of the basket. Lee looked at Chelsea and her parents. Everyone looked scared. Lee was overcome with fear.
The balloon landed safely. In the car lee pronounced “I’m never going in a competition again” and everyone agreed!
By Bridey Mathie

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!