Saving A Pig From Turning Into Bacon

We’re just a normal family who live on a farm. I have a little sister named Abby (who can not talk) and a big brother named Derrick. We have a full family with a grandma and grandpa. Only problem is we’re pigs. Normal pink farm animals. When I mean living on a farm I mean living in a pen on the farm. It’s cosy enough. The farmers give us enough food, perhaps too much food. But there’s a little problem.
The head farmer is big nosed John. He’s mean. His wife is meaner. He has twins for children. Their names are Sam and Pam but they are very kind. And here’s the magic part. They are so kind they can actually understand us! No one but us knows about it.
Here’s the real story. One day, we were rolling around in the mud when we realised Derrick (the pig, our brother) was missing. Abby and I quickly warned the twins. (Remember they can understand us)
Here’s the bad part. The twins looked everywhere for him and said “What do we do? Our father’s got Derrick. He is going to sell him for bacon in the farmer’s market. We’re doomed.”
“Actually, Derrick is doomed. Not us,” I said. “It doesn’t matter now Sarah,” Pam shouted, “I saw him in the truck! What do we do?” “You don’t have to say ‘what do we do’ every time,” I said.
“This happened to me once,” our grandpa started. “The farmer once got me lots and lots of food and then tried to sell me for bacon. I was fat as a cow those days” he said. “Ok…… now what do we do? I shouted. “And I was saved by my mummy,” said Grandpa.
“That’s why they give us so much food.” I ran to mum and dad and told them the situation. Without thinking we hurried to the shed. (We had escaped the pen again.) Big nosed John was already in the truck and all of a sudden he heard “Father, you can’t do this! They are our pigs and you promised us that we could keep them,” Sam yelled. Big nosed John’s bubblehead popped up from inside of the truck. (Did I mention he had a big bubble head too? Because he does!) “We can’t let you do this,” Pam said. “If you are going to take Derrick to the farmer’s market we are going to leave this place with the pigs. “ Who’s Derrick?” he asked. (He didn’t know anything!) “Err…. Derrick, the pig,” Sam said. “Well, who would name a pig Derrick?” big nosed John asked. “Whatever!” Sam said and we pretended to leave. We had a plan. John wanted his children and wife to leave his farm alone more than anything but he thought people will talk about him badly and he didn’t want that. So he jumped down and gave Derrick back to us without saying anything. And that’s how we saved Derrick from death!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!