The Chinese Restaurant

I've got two words for you: ‘Fortune cookie.’These were the last two words I ever heard before I ran away from my friends, family and the whole life I had ever known. Now your probably wondering why I ran away from a ‘Fortune cookie,’ well just keep on reading and you will figure out.

My names John, I am your typical 18 year old boy, and it is my last day of my High School life. So I wanted to celebrate, you know just a few friends, nothing could go wrong, right? Anyway we wanted to go to our favourite Chinese restaurant so we did, we had an fantastic meal. Then like always you get a fortune cracker at the end of your meal, although for some reason I was very conscious about it, I almost felt like I could not have, I was confused. Then I suddenly I took it and I opened it and what I read in that fortune cookie would either change my whole life forever or my life would still be normal, anyway it said “You are in danger, run away, run from your city do not tell anyone, I repeat run. Your. In. Danger.”

So I ran , I ran and ran. I did not look back I did not give anyone an explanation I just ran and to this day I am still running, whether it is from that fortune cookie or just in general, I will never no and I will never no if it was the right thing to do or not. All I know is that I am just going to keep on running.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!