A Changing World

As l lay half-awake curled up in my pyjamas on a cold winter morning at 5:00am. My eyes are fixed upon the smoky fog hovering over the house. Occasionally the ripples in the dam are the sign of rain for a morning drink. The high pitched screech near the plovers also indicate the wildlife is awakening as they squawked to defend their spotted like eggs in the dewy, lush, green grass awaiting them to hatch. My heart feels heavy when I gaze at the poisonous fireweed taking over our property I reminiscences the lush grass standing there. As three fat cows gobbled the last bundle of hay lazily I heard their mournful sound under their breath. The tranquillity is disturbed by the neighbours mowing the lawn as my dad and mum were of on an adventure to collect fruits there were loads of fruits to collect due to the fact we live on an acreage farm measuring till 3 hectares. As the scent of mowing grass is sent through the crystal-clear window, the scent was so eminent I nearly fell of the cosy bed. Luckily the chicken outside reawakens me.
I dared to go outside into aggressive wildlife, I see the grass transforming into a sea. I run for safety but the house was filling with water, everything was blue. I couldn’t believe my eyes, I WAS IN A WATER-FILLED SHIP. Running rapidly pulling everyone I could help, I spotted the waves it like a dog biting the leash off. The waves clashed upon me and everyone washing us to the back of the ship. Everyone runs to save their loved ones but the waves washes them AGAIN to the back of the ship; everyone was drenched wet it was like they walked through the Niagara Falls. After an hour or so we all were on shore, the ship was gone, many things were gone. Everyone picks themselves up; we all hear unpleasant growls of a tiger.
Right at that moment the sand was sinking down I fell into the deep, musty, gloomy hole I saw certain things that I remembered coming back to life……. MY DEAR OLD BEDROOM!! I see a pen on the floor I pick it up. The world changes from bright to dull. I drop the mysterious pen on the floor and soon I continue my gaze outside of the window. As I, Ali Syed drag myself from the comfy bed and see the fog burnt out and all of a sudden my sightseeing is disturbed by an eagle-eyed kookaburra skilfully swoops to the ground, expertly pecks a worm unseen by the human eye…. and so another day starts on an acreage farm.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!