Magic Thief

I was lying in bed. I was listening to the night-life of the busy city outside my attic window. The room was dark apart from the glare of the lights on the edges of my curtain. My bed was hard, though, it was drawing me into a lasting drowsiness. I thought I was asleep but I was far from it. I hopped out of bed slipping on a pair of jeans, a top and a parka (as it was late autumn). I shoved on some sneakers and walked towards the door grabbed a beanie and scarf and tip toed down the hall. I opened the doors to the streets of Tarable.
I was walking for some time before I reached a bridge that went across Able Lake. I slowly walked across the bridge. When I reached the end I walked straight-ahead until I reached an alley. I sat down along the wall. I laid my hand flat along the gutter; where some odd gold water that lay still. My hand instantly absorbed all the moisture and I felt electric. My pulse stopped beating through my veins. A numb sensation overcame me and I was swept into a trance. My brain was no longer in control and I was forced to stand up… but I was limp and fell to the ground. Then I blacked out in to a lasting coma.
The last thing I recall was falling to the ground and seeing a figure before me. It was as if it was a shadow. When I woke that figure was nowhere in sight. I finally re-gained my strength and made my way to nowhere in particular. I noticed quickly that I was not in Tarable at all but in some kind of ancient rubble. That’s when the figure appeared. "Hello there… Magician of the Gold… I've been waiting for some time to extract your magic… you are powerful and so am I… but that's not good enough seeing that you’re gold and I'm darkness… I will reign over this land… by taking you down…" The figure snarled.
I knew this was bad news and I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. My head was spinning while I tried to wrap some knowledge over the situation. That would be no use though… I tripped upon some rubble and grazed my knee the blood was the colour of pure gold. It stained through my jeans then faded ever so slowly. I was in so much pain that I through my hands on the floor in fury. The ground began to shake the figure appeared from behind a pillar. "You see what you can do, now give to Me." the figure roared. "I don't know what you’re talking about… but I’m no magician." I boomed. I marched towards the figure. Suddenly he vanished. I spun abruptly causing a surge of wind. But he was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!