That One Moment

Do you know how much noise there is in the world, not yelling, just like static, voices competing for attention, teachers, parents, magazines, what was hot, who was cool and all of the static just got so loud, that I was overwhelmed and I just wanted to get in my car and drive away as far as possible so no one could find me, but then I saw her standing across the hall in that jacket she loved so much and all the noise seemed to fade and all I could hear was her voice calling out my name.
"Dave!" She yelled "DAVE!" I snapped back into reality.
"Do you have Mrs barker this year?" She asked "Dave?"
"Oh um yeah no, " I replied "I had her last year."
"Oh, I'll see you later then" then she walked away to her boyfriend.
"Later" I said
Her name was Blair, and was completely out of my league or at least I was friend zoned, as you may have already picked up I'm Dave and I was trying to win over Blair but I was clueless on how.

I was talking to myself in an alley when a girl appears, and told me that I was being ridiculous and that I would never get out of the friend zone. She told me that Blair was hooking up with Dennis that night and that I should give up. The police came to party and started handcuffing people so we ran, she asked me if I wanted to walk to her home, so I did and I found out that I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, she had it all planned out, every detail. She was going to drop out before she was a senior and was going to go to acting school, and have 1 child, I didn't understand at the time all this planning, but then again I didn't understand many things.

She started to tell me about how she wanted to travel and walk around no maps, no nothing, take in the feel of the place and how people greeted each other then I started to think about how much I wanted to go with her, and I started to think about the things that I've done wrong and how they affected my decisions then, and all I wanted to do was make the right decision so that I could be with her for the rest of my life. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to make the right decision that made sure I stayed with her forever. Those last couple of hours were the best of my life and I couldn't wait to spend the rest of it with her. I didn't want to do anything that would screw it up.

I have had a good life will her, and I'm glad I made that decision 20 years ago, it was one of the first good decisions I had ever made.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!