Katie's Big Day

“Ding dong” Katie sluggishly got out of bed to answer the door. She opened the door crankily and snapped “what!” The delivery man was speechless by the beautiful 17 year old. “Don’t tell me you woke me up from my beauty sleep and have nothing to say?” Katie questioned. But before the delivery man could say another word Katie’s father Ronan came to the door and gave Katie an ashamed look. Katie stormed away back into her room. She than got ready for school. “Bye dad” yelled Katie a she walked out the door.

Katie lives in Sydney in a rich suburb called Homebush where she lives with famous singer Ronan Keating. She had just walked into the doors of her school Ridgewood high, as she met her friends Miley, Tiffany and Ashley. Their first class was music this was Katie’s specialty, she had a huge step though because her dad was a famous singer. She was a very talented singer and could play a few songs on guitar. She also liked it because all her friends and one cute guy called Jacob was in it.

She walked into the guitar room to get a guitar when CRASH, BANG she just ran into Jacob. “Are you ok?” Inquired Jacob. ‘Yeah sorry” replied Katie “ok well I’m Jacob” commented Jacob “I’m Katie”. Then Jacobs friends grabbed him to tell him some important news. Katie started to play the guitar and sing. But Jacob snuck back into the room to grab his phone when he left it in the room after the collision. When Katie finished the song Jacob said “you are amazing Katie you should totally join our band” .“Thanks and I would love to.” Blurted Katie. “let’s go get a smoothie after school then.” Confirmed Jacob . But before Katie could say another word, he left.
Miley walked over and gave Katie a cappuccino from the sweet shop “thanks” said Katie. Then Miley walked away and started to flirt with another guy. Katie then started to walk down to the café down the road. She then took a seat near Jacob . They started to talk for a while and then Katie mentioned that her dad was Ronan Keating. “Omg he is amazing, that’s where you get your singing and guitar skills from.” Katie just smiled. They talked a bit more before they got interrupted by Ronan who called Katie asking where she was. “sorry I’ve got to go” apologised Katie after the phone call with her dad. Katie walked back home astonished about why her dad rang, he never rings me.

As Katie walked home her father said “I’ve have some news, you might think it’s good or bad, but I am going to let you come to the Grammies next week. I believe you have been showing great responsibility lately, and I think you would enjoy coming to your fist Grammies. She was just speechless and gave her dad the biggest hug ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!