Saving Bill

One rainy and windy winter Abbey was by herself cooking what was supposed to be popcorn- but it was all smothered in cheese. She got a message from her best friend. It read-Please HELP! Stuck in sandstorm. Heading to pyramid. Please find me- Bill. “Oh no! Stay there,” she thought. “Oh Bill why couldn’t you tell me what pyramid you’re heading to.” Well first things first, I’ll eat my home made special, fantastic, AMAZING, famous popcorn. Twelve minutes passed...Nom, Nom Nom. Ok that was SO amazingly, fantastically, FAMOUSLY the best thing I have EVER tasted! Well time to find Bill.
Abbey opened the door. All she saw was the leaves, vines and monkeys whizzing across the loud jungle because that’s how windy it was! ROAR!! The loud and crazy jungle fell silent like mice in a deep sleep. She started to walk. ‘Oh come on! Now there’s a tiger in the way…. Well I could always ride my mechanical monkey. “MONKEY!! Come here” Vroom! The Monkey machine arrived. ‘Ok monkey off to the Pyramids!’ On the way there Abbey could only see blurs of green, to black, to yellow and to blue. “Good thing I’m always wearing braids.” She looked up. All Abbey could see was blue skies and tall pyramids. “1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Ok this is going to take a while. Let me think. If I were Bill where which one would I go in? Well his favorite number IS 3. I think I’ll search Pyramid 3. Oh man that entrance is all the way up the top, how could Bill get up that high? Well if it’s for Bill I’ll do it.”
One hour later she had climbed all the way up to the top and was now ready to look. “Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill!” Her voice echoed. She heard a sound that she had never heard before. It kind of sounded like a mummy- one from Egypt, not a real mum silly!” Abbey went to investigate. She followed the sound. It got louder and louder until finally she saw a REAL mummy talking to some sort of man. She crept forward but she sneezed and the man ran away. But she could still hear them talking. “I need that trespasser to,” the man mumbled. “What? What do you need him to do?! Abbey asked. “Who’s there?” said one of the guards. “No one,” replied Abbey quickly. “Guard’s search around and find ANYONE and I mean anyone who’s NOT supposed to be here. UNDERSTAND!!’ the man yelled. “Yes sir!” replied the five guards waiting for his every command. “Help, Help, Help!” cried Bill. “I’m in here!”
“Where Bill? There are lots of different paths to take. Which one are you in?” “In in the tomb,” Bill yelled. “There you are” said Abbey as she opened the tomb door with a ‘creeeeek.’ The tomb opened slowly. She crept across the floor, untied Bill and they both escaped together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!