Waterfall

The drops of water falling from the sky. I can hear it from a mile away although I’m not getting wet? I sniff the soil, it is moist. As I look above my shoulders, the canopy of trees slowly gets taller like a building in progress. As I look below, I can almost see to the bottom of the Earth.
I sit down on the mossy rocks and place my feet in the water. Now I am wet. Then I hear that thundering sound again almost like 1000 horses. I venture near it. A sudden burst of cold water drenches my hair. Now I have found the beast. The beauty of its scent, the terror of its sound.
No wonder this place is deserted I thought. I swim my way back to shore my heart pounding so loudly that I could hear it. My feet now cut from the sharp rocks but the blood washed away from the crystal like droplets that fall from the mighty beast. Moody and angry the beautiful terror is left alone.
Then I wonder what the beast is? Is it the ragged rocks that the water falls from or is it the ice cold water drowning and eroding the rocks? Or am I the beast, am I the one always edging to find out more?
For now this beauty is to be left alone. Until someone else like me decides to mess with nature but the cycle will continue.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!