The Flames Of An Eclipse

Crayola Skies walked barefoot through the lush green grass of the Whistling Wood. She closed her eyes and listened intently to the peaceful, bubbling waterfall nearby. Crayola was almost forced to giggle softly when another nocturnal butterfly landed gently of her middle finger, tickling her. She breathed in the highly polluted scent of smoke ‘Wait a second, SMOKE!?’ shrieked Crayola who was suddenly feeling uneasy, and a little frightened. Crayola’s breathing suddenly became shallow and quick. She felt her heart beating a million miles per hour against her chest.

She knew where the smoke was coming from… Crayola had never really seen fire, but she had read about it in plenty of books about these mythical creatures called humans.
Crayola ran in a panic in the opposite direction of where the smoke was coming from, but she seemed to be being held back by the wind.
Crayola yet again screamed and futilely fought against the wind, when she saw a bright ribbon of blue light streaming around her. It wasn’t the wind, they were blue pixies!

Crayola soon found herself been taken into the Dark Forest. As she swept past the pine trees, the cry of of hungry wolves rung in her ears, like an omen of death.
“Oh please! If you’re going to take me anywhere, get me out of HERE!” cried Crayola.
Crayola learnt just to shut her eyes and pray that these pesky pixies wouldn’t be the cause of her death.
Crayola made one, last pointless attempt to break free of the pixies, before she found herself falling down… and down… and -
THUD

Crayola slowing opened her eyes. A butterfly was fluttering innocently on her nose as she lay, but she wasn’t in the mood for airy-fairy butterflies, no, she was in fact bubbling with fury. She brought herself up off the ground and violently shook the tiny winged creature off of her.

“I don’t believe it… They dropped me! THOSE VILE, DISGUSTING CREATURES!” shouted Crayola, her bubble of fury bursting into millions of tiny fragments

“YEAH SURE, YOU CAN TAKE MY HAND AND LEAD ME INTO THE INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS FOREST!” Crayola shouted and sarcasticallysarcasticly.

Crayola shouted, her voice hoarse, so it took a while before she noticed the huge arch of fire behind her. She had to stuff her fist in her mouth to stop herself from shrieking. Crayola slowly backed away, the smell of smoke wafting into her nostrils. She realised that the entrance to the forest were her only surroundedings her and the only way out was through the fiery archway.

“Oh, I’m going to die anyway!” whined Crayola, “Eaten by timber-wolves I expect…”
She took a deep breath, and took the leap of faith.
She survived.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!