Egg Sac

One Saturday morning at 7:30 I woke up with a strange feeling. I looked on my left arm. There was a tiny egg sac just lying still. I started to worry. “I can’t let anyone know this, people might think I’m a freak”. I tried to calm down thinking of cutting it off but suddenly it moved from inside. I was eager to know what was inside. I was a little surprised to see a spider came out. It was small, brown, female Huntsman spider. So I decided to name it Dandee. Then Dandee said in its tiny voice, “Mommy.”
I decided to feed and look after it. I hid Dandee in a small container in my room with lots of food and water for it. “Breakfast is ready!” My mom called. So I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. When I came back to my room after breakfast, I found Dandee had made herself a web and she fallen asleep in it. I stood there watching Dandee for about five minutes until my mom came in the room. I quickly moved the spider to somewhere safe where my mom could not see it.
My mom looked suspicious and asked “What were you hiding just then? Come on, tell me.” “Uhh… Nothing.” I said. But I guess that made her more suspicious. I was not giving in. I kept saying I had nothing until she finally gave up and went to another room. Suddenly Dandee woke up and started calling “Mommy! Mommy! I made a web!” So I told her “Good job Dandee. That’s a pretty web you made.” Then she asked me to make a web. But when I tried to explain to her that I was a human and can’t make webs, she didn’t seem to understand. Being a mother was harder than I thought.
What I didn’t know was my mom was spying on me the whole time! And I knew she absolutely HATED spiders. So the next thing I knew was that mom called the pest control and told them that my spider was a big pest and told them to remove it. So I stopped her and explained to her about it. That’s when Dandee got out of her container and climbed on me and started making webs. At first I thought she wanted to trap me but then I realized that it was for a good reason.
Then my mom yelled, “See? That’s why wanted you to come! That PEST is trying to eat my daughter!” When Dandee was finished, she showed my mom and the pest control my new web dress. It was long white silky dress with web pattern on it.
“Wow, it is beautiful, Dandee” I said happily. I could tell my mom liked it too. My mom let Dandee to live with us. Dandee started working as fashion designer and that was how my mom and I ended up with lot of beautiful silk clothes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!