Under The Ocean

I dived straight into the crystal cleer water. The ancient phosphorescent corals glittered brightly on the sea floor. A mass of miniature golden fish swam slowly across the coral. As I listened to the distant rumble of a boat, I felt exited.

I glanced down and saw a massive figure out of the corner of my eye. My curiosity drove me down to investigate. It was a dilapidated shipwreck. A gigantic obsidian hole glowed in its side. I decided to explore.

As I peered inside the hole, I saw an iridescent shard of gold. My heart pounded like a drum. The light was coming from an open sienna chest. Inside, were shimmering gold, translucent rubies, gleaming pearls, sparkling diamonds and incandescent sapphires.

Suddenly, an enormous beryllium shadow swept past me. I looked back but nothing was there, so I thought it was my imagination. All at once I felt an excruciating pain in my leg. Vermilion blood started to flow out of my wet suit , sending the shark to a frenzy.

I fired a spear gun at its nose and the shark released me. I grabbed a handful of gold making sure none of it fell out, and swam as fast as I could towards shallow water. As I limped up the beach, I realized that my life was worth more than all the burried treasure in the ocean.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!