That Time That I Hurt Chloe

I had never meant to hurt her, in fact, I didn't even know I could hurt her until three minutes ago. But it had happened and I couldn't take it back, not now, not ever. But I don't want it to become one of those deep dark secrets that stays hidden for your whole life, so I may as well tell you. Well, here goes...
The sky had been a beautiful orange, barely any birds were screaming, and it was so silent you could easily hear a pin drop from a mile away. It was perfect for everyone but me. It was just too, too peaceful. I hated it, I had always been the noisemaker out of me and my sister Chloe. That was just how it had begun, the thing that made me, Natasha Davies grounded until the end of the month.
Well as you already know, all sisters fight, but Chloe and I were the bad end of the bad donkey. I played pranks, and Chloe teased me and it just so happened that at the very moment that I came up with the most brilliant prank of all times, I heard Chloe singing out " Natasha and Tomas, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!! First comes love, then comes the baby, then comes the little boy who cried upon his nappy.!!!!!"
I groaned, only because me and my best friends Lucy and Eliza had teased him about all the girls liking him. Chloe teased me about teasing him, saying that I loved him. As I thought about my slowly growing anger I knew that my plan would be perfect.
I was planning to run to the store after school and get a tin full of glue a tin full of chocolate and a tub full of extra stay stuck glue. When I got home I yelled out that I was cooking chocolate icing for the cakes I made a day ago. Just as I was bringing the icing off the stove Chloe slowly wandered in. " what are you doing" she smiled happily at me and I slyly said back " making fudge icing, but DON’T dip your fingers, in that would be a perfectly bad waste of good icing." Chloe foxily muttered "wow, look at that thing out the window!!!"
I turned my head around slowly, waiting for the scream that was sure to come. Soon enough there was a loud "AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH" and I quickly spun around grinning wickedly. The smile slowly faded of my face as I saw my mum standing there with her hand stuck in it as well as Chloe's.
"Natasha Jade Davies you get our hands out of this muck at once" "I said this instant, stop smiling at me and get the hot water."
I quickly turned the tap on to try and drown out Chloe's crying and please my angry mum. As soon as it was boiling I filled a cup up and poured it on their red boiling hands. I don't remember what happened after that, because instead of pouring it over their arms I had poured it over my front. I think I fainted, because I woke up in bed and the first thing I heard was mum saying "finally dear girl Natasha, YOU ARE GROUNDED!!!!!!" And in the background I heard Chloe singing " Tomas and Natasha, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, second comes marriage third comes Natasha with a big bouncy baby. I groaned. And slowly, as a wickedly good idea popped into my head and I sneakily glanced at Chloe, I cackled!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!