That Scary Day...

25th of November 2010. The scariest day of my life with a jail breaker. Joel lived with only his mother because his father passed away in the war, Joel missed his father very much but it had been a while and he was starting to feel better. Him and his mum were ordering pizzas and about to go and pick them up, when they came back the window had been smashed with rocks and gunshots. Joel was super scared but his mum was comforting him that made him feel a little better. They decided to go inside and look around, they unlocked the door and struggled to open it with the dining table in front, they eventually got it open and they saw everything had been knocked over and smashed. Suddenly they heard a gunshot outside Joel was real scared now, quickly his mother grabbed a baseball bat and ran outside signalling Joel to lock the broken doors quickly so he did. He stayed inside the house very scared and worried about his mother getting hurt he didn't want her to get hurt, he had been waiting about 35 minutes and was getting quite worried now he decided to have a look outside, he did and saw the jail breaker and his mum talking he thought "well if mum is talking to the jail breaker I may as well go outside and check it out. As he walked outside he thought the jail breaker looked familiar but he couldn't point out who it was but it looked awfully like him so he was a bit confused. By the time he processed all that in his brain he had made his way to his mother and the jail breaker. They were talking about him! He was very confused now! "Oh Joel you know how your father went to war and passed away." said Joel's mother awkwardly "yeah" said Joel suspiciously. "Well he didn't actually pass away he just got into a lot of trouble and had to go to jail, and your father wanted his friends to tell us he passed away because he was going to be there for the rest of his life and if we went to see him, when we left we would just have to say goodbye again and he didn't want that. After we talked for about 15 minutes we heard sirens obviously it was the police coming to get him. When they came my mother and my father were explaining why he left and why he wouldn't like to go back. They eventually found a solution. He went back to jail for 3 more weeks and then he could come back to his family, they also found out that the thing that he did wasn't as bad as they thought so he shouldn't have to stay there for the rest of his life. 3 weeks had passed and Joel and his parents were very happy together living together and talking care together!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!