Water Riding

One day I fell asleep under a gum tree. I woke to the sound of horse’s neighing. I felt so weird, I thought I was under the gum tree, but I was actually next to a lake with horses, galloping, trotting and jumping around in the water.
I felt the breeze on my face and heard splish sploshing in the water. A minute later there was a beautiful dapple grey horse walking towards me. I didn’t know what to do, I was worrying and worrying. Then suddenly a voice said in a rather neighish way, “don’t be scared, it’s only me your new horse.” Suddenly I felt the strangest I had ever felt before. That was my brand new horse! I would never have thought of it before. I thought for a minute, who had spoken to me. It couldn’t be, but it was, it was the dapple grey horse.
“What’s your name?” I said. “I don’t have a name; I came over here to ask you.” “Oh, I’ve go t a good name for you, ‘Snowflake’. May I please have a ride?” “Yes, sure,” said Snowflake.
I jumped onto Snowflake and started to ride. First we walked then we trotted then galloped as fast as we could. All the other horses put their heads up from drinking the water and they came and galloped behind us. One was grey, another was chestnut, and there were many in lots of different colours. We rode and rode and after an hour, I realised I was lying under the gum tree thinking about the fabulous time I had had riding on my new horse.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!