Day At The Beach

So there I was at the beach in the water on my boogie board I am waiting for a big wave to come...then suddenly I see a huge 7ft wave and I was so scared but I had to catch it, there was no choice, if I tried to go under it I’d get dumped. So then I went for it, I lean to the right so I could try to do a barrel but after a few seconds the wave goes over my head and crashes on me, I get pulled under and get wacked around by all the force of the smashing and crashing wave. I feel the sand beneath my feet and push myself up to the surface and at that moment I thanked God that I’m still alive, I get back on my boogie board and give it another go so then swam, I went back out...
I then see a similar wave coming towards me, I then get ready for it. I then lean to the right again, I got it! I got it! I got the barrel I’ve always dreamed of and inside I am screaming with excitement and happiness to the world, then I swim to shore, just to come up to a family that is proud of me doing my first barrel and they say to me “Well done I am so proud of you. I hope you can be a professional when you grow up.” Even my brother admitted that it was pretty cool. So they suggested that I’d give it another go, so I did and this time my brother came. He caught the first wave but didn’t do a barrel. When it was my time to shine, I caught a perfectly smooth wave but didn’t do a barrel because I was enjoying the breeze/wind in my face. Next minute a dolphin is jumping up and down through the waves, everyone was taking photos and the young ones were laughing saying, “Dolphin! Dolphin!” It was pretty funny. My mum and dad wanted me to go home with my brother to have showers so we did and on the way there, we saw two red back spiders and three Harley Davidsons (motorbikes). When we arrived home, we had our showers and after that, we went back downstairs to play some games and ride our sick awesome scooters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!