Known Better Then "DEADLY PLACE"

Known better then “DEADLY PLACE”

Every now and then kids at my school start gossiping about the horrid thing. Wondering who will be eaten next. Nobody knows yet but someone will be. Out came the enormous roar from the deadly part of our school. Not a soul goes there, not even the brave ones. Although only the new ones who come to our school. Not a single person comes back after going there.

The school bell rang at the exact time as it does. I was about to walk into the year 7 centre but before I could take a step in, a storm of kids came and pushed their way into the year 7 centre. “Woah!” I whispered, as usual. That was like everyday. As we all got ready for the first class, all the gossiping and the whispering started about the horrid thing. Although only I knew it wasn't a horrid thing.

It wasn't long until snack arrived. I raced to what everyone calls it the “DEADLY PLACE”. It usually is dark and terribly scary when you enter but then the sun appears brightly on my face as the rainbow shines colourfully upon the “DEADLY PLACE”. All the ones who are called eaten play and read with the horrid thing known to me as the Master of Fun. Some kids trying to climb its arms and some swing on the tied swing on it. I wouldn't call it a monster although it is the friendliest, most amazingly beautiful tree on earth that has ever grown.

“Ting, ting, ting,” the bell rang to alert us that it was the end of snack. I sprinted back saying bye to the wonderful tree and the kids. During science the mean girl, Jenny started warning everyone that I, Radha has came from the dead because she saw me running back from the gorgeous “DEADLY PLACE”. How pathetic!!! Honestly that is not true but it is a big, not just big, huge, not just huge although a giant lie.

Sometimes you feel like you want to do something about it but you cant. So I looked at the “do something about it” rather then “you can’t”.The first step wasn't my favourite but I had to do it. “Come on Radha, you can do it,” I picked my courage and strength up and went for it. My plan was a secret and I couldn’t tell anyone.

It wasn't far until my plan had succeed. I covered her eyes and dragged her into the stunningly, eye catching area. She woke and wouldn't stop starring at what she is seeing. Jenny was so, so ,so surprised. It was time she had apologised and say sorry, and so she did.

As 14 hours passed on Jenny came up to me wondering if she could come along with me. It wasn't just me now, although the secret was spreading about the “DEADLY PLACE”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!