Viktor

“Where’s dad going, mom?”
“On a long trip, Viktor”
“When's he coming back?”
"Stop asking questions. Now that he’s gone, things are going to change. Take your belongings down to the basement.”
“What if I don’t want to?”
Her hand raised, and smacked me. I fell to the ground sobbing.
“Do what I told you!”
I walked to my room, rubbing my cheek. I cleared my room and locked myself back in, crying. I feel a thought come to mind, running away. Mother slammed open the door and chucked a slice of bread down. I snatched the rest of the loaf, not able to control my movements. My hand raised and swang across my mother’s face. She plummeted down with a red cheek and looked at me with fear.
"Out!"
Mother jumped from my voice. Having dominance felt good. She scampered out as the door locked.
I got transported into a dome where there was nothing. In the distance, I saw a dark silhouette, peering at me.
"Leave me alone!"
"We both know I can’t do that."
I run to the edge of the dome, hopelessly scratching.
"Where do you think you're going?"
I turned to the dark figure's position but found nothing. I face back tat the wall and jumped from him.
"Are you afraid?"
I sprinted to the other side, continuously looking back, checking his whereabouts. I bumped into a solid, masculine structure. Swerving around, there he was. In front of me, still .
"Do you know why you can't get rid of me? Because I'm a different part of your personality."
"M....m....me? That can't be right."
"Of course you aren't. I'm your other identity."
Looking at his appearance, same body shape, slightly deeper voice, and a set of horns on top.
"As you could feel and hear, I was the voice in your mind, and controlling your body before. Right now we're in your mind."
He walked up to me with his fist clenched.
"One of us can control your body at a time so if I locked you away, I would be in control."
He hit me multiple times and started choking me. I hit him away with the strength I had left and started sprinting away. Every time I looked back, there he was. I stopped running and dropped to the ground, accepting my loss.
"You finally gave up."
He walked towards me, grinning sinisterly like he always is. I closed my eyes and felt a sudden jab, then there was no pain. I opened my eyes. I was back in my room. I walked to my window and cracked it open with my hand. It started bleeding but there was no pain. I jumped into my garden.
"Wait, why am I doing this, why didn't I feel any pain?"
"Because you're not in control."
It's the voice again. He climbed over the fence, then walked for a while, then came to a stop. This is the part where I end, and it starts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!