UNDERCOVER

I was eleven years old when this happen. There was pollution everywhere. War was everywhere……
I should start by introducing myself. My name is Audrey, just Audrey. I can’t really introduce myself properly because they will know my identity. My dad, me, my little brother Chodi and my grandparents are the remaining people in our village. I hope that someone else out there, who is not fighting in war, still lives.
Well I guess that you’re probably asking how we still survived. We always secretly hid our identity pretending to be someone else, I know that’s bad, but we have no choice. My dad hunts for food, while my brother, my grandparents and I hide in our secret basement. I shouldn’t tell you all the information. I should tell you what’s this is really about.
It all started when it was my eleventh birthday. We were just watching television and my dad was cooking a special dinner, it’s just an ordinary birthday. I was shocked because when Chodi and I watched the news. The news reported that U.S.A. declared war against China. I thought that U.S.A. will never declare war against China. My dad thought it was ridiculous!, my brother thinks it was awesome, while I think it was a catastrophe, but bigger than a catastrophe!. My dad knows were going to be affected because were just in Florida. My dad said he’s not going to join the war. He’s NOT a coward; he’s just trying to protect us. He said that pack all the things we needed and hide in the secret basement. Our secret basement is huge, it’s like a house. My dad was building it for 6 years. He knew that this time would come. Nobody knows where it is except for us of course. We packed all the things we needed and were ready.
My dad built one in my Grandpa and in my Grandma’s house. My dad knew that he could trust them, so he built one for them. He hopes that his parents are still safe. He wanted to call them so they can come over and live with us. My dad rang them up and told them to pack their things and my dad will pick them up. My grandpa thought it was a brilliant idea. He’s really old, he’s 73 years old and my grandma is 69.
So down we were all in our secret basement. I turned on the television; there was still a connection in our basement because my dad is a genius. My dad knew were going to be affected because the news said reported that all men in U.S.A. should be in the military. So is in China. They will begin the battle in a month. We were really scared because 3 weeks later the military army were knocking at each door in our village. We need to be really quiet, quiet as a mouse.
My dad fears about the people who will die everywhere. He hoped that someone had built their secret basement years ago as well. He hoped that the countries in the world wouldn’t be part of this ridiculous catastrophe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!