I Remember When....

I remember when the world first began. A meteor fell from the sky, once it had hit the planet’s surface it shattered into millions of fragments. Even the rocks recall the fateful day this new world was born. When the magic of the meteor spread across the land grass, plants, gems, water and animals began to form before my very eyes. After the land flourished our people came from the heavens also known as outer space to help the creatures of this new planet. Through each fiery depth of the volcanoes core came dragons and phoenixes. Through the sky you could witness magical flying creatures saw through the open sky some a mystery to our people. On the land there were many creatures that were not magical but still had a place in everyone’s heart. All the people that inhabited this new world had powers and some could control the elements and some were more powerful than the others. We all witnessed the birth of the royal mermaid family under the sea. As we made our way to the palace the coral sparkled and all animals were in peace and nothing could change that. The beautiful mermaids came and watched as all manner of creatures great and small came from near and far to celebrate the birth of this new world we now call, earth. A place where anything is possible and magic flows through our veins; where there is plenty of food and no smog or greenhouse gasses, the air is pure and the seas are clear. If you were in the northern hemisphere at night you would witness Aurora the princess of the frozen north and her sister Borealis the forest nymph rise the magic of their land to create a beautiful stream of colours. That stream of colours was called Aurora Borealis the northern light. As the northern sisters rose the magic of their land so did their cousins from the south Aurora and Polaris. In this land there are many thing that have a place in this world all of which help this new world flourish. We all have a part to play in this as do I. I keep all the magic of this world in check as the heart of Kandrakar. When I die the next heart of Kandrakar will be chosen and it will be their responsibility to keep this worlds magic in check and make shore that all the creatures of this world never feel as though they do not belong, as I have said everyone on this planet has a part to play whether it is big or small it is all important. The flowers, creatures and plants as well as the rocks and the trees have to be in harmony or the catastrophe of the past earth will come again and this wonderful world will die and another world may never be born so we must learn from our mistake and do what’s right and help this beautiful world survive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!