Jack Ranger

We know Jack was 2 feet tall with dark hair and he was tough and strong.But now he was worried he had led his men through the dry rolling hills from fort Kiowa.
they trusted him now he looked across the burning land and saw no water but he didn't want to frighten his men even more so a smile came into his blue eyes. Don't worry he said there bound to be a water hole somewhere.
The men moved on.They pushed through the narrow rocky valley.All around them were prickly pear and pincushion cactus. Suddenly one of the men shouted water hole ahead. The horses galloped full speed towards the hole. They
were plenty thirsty too. They ran so fast they almost stumbled and fell. The first man reach the water leaped down he dove but dry dust dry the man groaned. He beat his fist in to the hot sand.It was only a mirage Jack rode up.
He looked sadly at the desperate men.
He knew more about the west then any man alive. He had explored mountains and deserts. Jack was different in another way too. Most of the men drank heavily and cursed.
Jack was a man of deep religious faith. He always prayed to God whether he stood alone. He always said a special prayer to God thanking him for sending his son to save the world.
now he prayed that his men will find water. The little group moved on he stayed behind to help the weaker men the sun was like a fire burning down on them. One of his men fell of his horse can't go on he gasped his lips were dry
second man fell of his horse we have to move Jack pleaded. But the man could do nothing except lie there on the hot sand even the horses refused then i had an idea. he buried both men up to they necks then the water wont dry up.
i will find water Jack said he went on hes horse he knew he had to find water he rode over the dry rocks land then he saw a water hole he couldn't believe his eyes. He jumped of his horse and ran to the water. He dipped in his hands.
It was clear and cool and fresh praise God. He filled a kettle with water and rushed back where he left his men they were barley alive when he got there. But when they drank they felt strong in a little while they were able to travel
again. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!