James And The Dragon Of Lightning

Once upon a time, far, far away, there lived a boy named James. He was a wise and strong young man. He always read stories in his spare time. He gets very involved with his stories he reads.
He had almost finished all his books except a book with a dark cover. On the back of the book he saw a fearsome dragon. Finally he could not bear it anymore, so he opened the book but something strange happened. Nothing was in the book. Then James realized something had fallen out of the book. He took a closer look at the paper. It was a map and at the end of the map there was an old, dark castle.
One day, he set out in search of the dark castle. He did not have to tell his parents because they died just as he was born. He took the carriage his father had made for him before he was born. He followed the map. It took months and months but eventually he reached the old dark castle. He got off the carriage and he saw a giant dragon in the courtyard with razor sharp teeth and huge jaw bones. He had no choice but to stand up to the dragon. He went closer and closer and suddenly the dragon blew lightning at James, but James spotted a shiny, red sword and gold shield and quickly grabbed it and blocked the terrifying lightning.
James raced inside the castle and could not believe his eyes when he saw pictures of his own parents. There was something in the middle of the room and when he took a closer look, he saw a small, wooden box and on the bottom it said, ‘love from Mr and Mrs Carter, who were his parents.
He opened the box and saw an emerald green sword and a very light golden, coloured shield. He knew he could use it as souvenirs and headed back home in his carriage. As he was riding home, his heart was filled with joy as he now had something to remember his parents.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!