Jen And The Dinosaur Bones

Once upon a time there was an explorer, her name was Jen. She rode over sand dunes on a camel to get to the Sahara desert from Morocco. She was in the hottest, sandiest part of the desert looking for dinosaur bones. Jen loved looking for dinosaur bones. One very hot day when Jen was digging she found four dinosaur bones! The next day she found four more dinosaur bones. She had eight big grey bones.

Jen put them together to make a dinosaur. Then she brought them to the museum of natural history. The owner of the museum was delighted.

Alas, someone broke into the museum and stole the bones. The owner of the museum was sad, he was very sad and he was very angry because they were his only dinosaur bones in the whole museum.

He didn't like it at all so he sent Jen to find that thief and get the bones back for him. Jen looked everywhere but wherever Jen looked she could not find the thief. She was disappointed and felt like she needed help. Jen was about to give up. Just then Jen saw something in the distance. So she used one set of binoculars to see what it was.

It was the thief carrying all the dinosaur bones that Jen had collected. The thief had made some chips in the bones. Jen was worried when she saw the chips that the bones were going to fall apart.

The thief had black hair and dirty yellow teeth, he was medium size but taller than Jen. Jen felt excited that she found the bones, but quite scared when she saw the thief. Even though she was scared, Jen ran all the way to the thief. She hid behind a tall wide pyramid, and when the thief wasn't looking she grabbed the bones and ran. The thief chased after her.

She was scared that the thief was going to get the bones back. She was running for her life. She would get fired if she didn't bring the bones back by midnight. She would loose her job and she would not like it at all. She would hate it if she lost her job because she loved being a paleontologist.

So Jen ran in circles until the thief was dizzy and fell over. Jen got away with all eight dinosaur bones. She brought the bones back to the museum, and she gave them to the owner. Jen helped put them in their place and build the dinosaur again. She left the chips in the bones to make it look more prehistoric. Jen felt good because she kept her job as a paleontologist and got a new quest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!