George's New Toy

Once upon a time a boy named George asked his parents for a new toy. His parents told him he needed to buy the toy he wanted by himself. They also said he has to use his own money. From that day on he worked hard to get pocket money. Also he did other jobs to get money. The toy George wanted was so much but he kept trying. He cleaned houses and bird cages. He even baby sited little kids. The day his father died he tried as hard as he could. He studied hard at school. He learned as well as having fun at the same time. He worked so hard. When he was counting his money he realized he had lost some of his money that he saved. He went to every place he could remember and searched day to night. Every day he found $5 at the places he looked. But the next day he didn't find even a dollar. Day after day things became more mysteries. Two months later he saw a girl with a bright red eye when He was investigating his lost money. At school George saw her. After recess his teacher miss petty said they were having a transfer student. It was the girl but she was wearing an eye patch. She was a well behaved student and she got the class award for the year. George was jealous because he got it every year. The teacher told his class her name Rose-belle. Everyone called her Rose. Rose was suspicious. He thought she was the one that made him lose his money. After a long time Rose confessed that she stole the money. Rose returned the money. He needed $200 to buy the toy he wanted. When he was in Grade 4 his mother died. George was very sad. He saved enough money in Grade 5. He bought a large science kit. He wanted to be a scientist when he grew up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!