Rainbows

Entry details
Author: Sophie Warner
Age:14
Address: 29 Wirruna Street Guyra 2365
Year: 9
School: O'Connor Catholic College Armidale

Rainbows

There is always something in life that normal people just can't understand. Like why the sky is blue, why the grass is green and why all the colours mash together to make the amazing rainbow in our world. Me on the other hand could care less about these whys, I care about living, living my life to the fullest and making the most out of every day. YES. I do care about how all the colours mash together because they're beautiful and it gives me hope that everything is going to be okay That life promises in some ways and not in others. The rainbow reminds me that all the colours of the world work together and therefore everything in the world happens for a reason. I hope everyday that everything will get better and in the end I just figure that no matter what happens in life there is always something that brings everyone together.

I lay there thinking about these wonders of the world they call rainbows and think before my time I will find that one thing that bring my family and friends together, And it won't be my funeral. I already know that the tumor will kill me and sooner rather than later. I know that my friends and family already know this too that is why I won't be there rock, how do u celebrate in the face of death. I will bring them together now when I'm still with them.

So many people to invite in such a small time. Writing out all the invites and sending them, organising the food, dealing with the RSVP's, it will be difficult.

The rainbows seem clearer now. How all the colours don't just mash together they also work together so that no colour is out of place and everything works as it should. To bad it's not the case for my body. My body sucks at doing it's one job, of being able to keep me alive and well. I can see that it scares my friends and family seeing me this way and it scares me as well. I know the end is near my long journey of suffering but I wish it didn't make everyone around me scared as well.

I have lived my life to the fullest, I'm proud of my achievements, how strong I have been through everything and how I have never given up hope. But now that the rainbow has become clouded over even though being so clear. I realise that my life has finished and I have lived to my best. I do care about the whys of the world but just not in the way everyone else does. Everyone else looks at the imperfections in life and looks at the literal meaning of the colours not granting the actually meaning and the way the imperfections are actually perfect into account. Everyone does come together and this is why we care and live.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!