The First Time I Went To The Moon And Beyond

Once back in 1960 a spaceship was about to lift off. My friends and I were going on an expedition. We were going to all the planets. I couldn’t wait until we got there.
We went to the moon first because that’s what we’d planned. It was warmer than expected. It was rocky and bright too. We stayed there for hours. Then we left and visited Mercury. It was lumpy and bumpy and different coloured but I found it awesome. We didn’t stay too long. It was way, way too hot.
Next stop was Venus. It had brown and purple stripes and it was only the tiniest bit cooler. Then we flew to Mars. It didn’t look anything like a Mars Bar but it was cool.
“Off to Jupiter,” I said. Jupiter was huge – even bigger than I had imagined. Then the strangest thing happened. I saw a little alien.
“Aaarrr,” I screamed. My friends wondered what was wrong. The alien looked terrified.
“Do you speak my language?” I asked. “Yes,” he replied in a small, soft voice.
“I won’t hurt you,” I said in a kind voice. “We are on an expedition. Would you like to come? We can drop you home later.” “Ok,” said the alien in a cheerful voice. “Off we go to Saturn.”
It was getting colder and colder and when we got there we decided to stay there for the night. Next morning we went to Uranus. Uranus was different from all the other planets. It was multi coloured but at the same time it was wicked. The alien was having the best time of his life. He had never left Jupiter before.
“Let’s go to Neptune,” my friends said at the same time. Neptune was the smoothest planet I had been to yet but it was freezing. We were putting on more and more clothes. We even gave some to the alien. Pluto was our last planet but we kept sliding off. We discovered it was covered with ice. I told the alien it was time to take him home. It was way too cold. So we went back to Jupiter and dropped off our new friend T-T the alien. Then we flew back home to earth. We all had the best fun of our lives.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!