Om-Nom On The Loose

Chapter 1
My teacher, Mr Brain-Fright, has a pet that he keeps in class. His name is Om-Nom. Now, you might think Om-Nom is a bird. But no. He is a friendly, little, green monster who is alway hungry. He loves lollies.
School was now over.
"Hey, Amanda!" someone called. It was my best friend, Tanya.
"Are you excited to be taking home Om-Nom today?" she asked.
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I'm taking home Om-Nom for the weekend. It is going to be so exciting!
"Yeah," I answered," this is going to be the best weekend ever!"
"I can't wait until I get to take him home," Tanya said.
"Rah, rah."
I heard a noise. Oh, silly me. It was Om-Nom. He was stuck inside his container that Mr Brain-Fright gave me for him. I took him out of my school bag.
"I think we should go home now," I said, “bye, Tanya!"
Chapter 2
When we got home, I showed mum Om-Nom.
"Well, well, well," she said, “What do we have here?"
"Mum, this is Om-Nom," I said," “He is the class pet and he loves lollies."
After I showed mum Om-Nom, it was dinner time.
"Rah, rah," Om-Nom said.
In front of him was a lolly. In front of mum and I was spaghetti and meatballs. That's my favourite, but I wished that I could have a lolly too.
After dinner, I took Om-Nom out into the garden.
"Rah."
Om-Nom tapped the edge of the container. I could tell that he wanted to get out.
I hesitated. Then I let Om-Nom out. How much trouble can a little monster make? Big mistake. The moment I took him out, he ran straight out of my hands! Then he ran out of the garden! I quickly got up and started chasing him. I couldn't lose him. He was my responsibility.
Wow. Was that monster fast! I even had trouble keeping up with him and I'm the fastest runner in the whole of grade 6!
Om-Nom ran everywhere. He ran across roads, he ran through buildings, he even ran through a wedding! Wherever he ran, I followed him. To make things worse, he jumped onto a boat and sailed across the river. I had no hope of catching him now.
Chapter 3
On Monday at school, I slumped into my chair.
Over the weekend Amanda took home Om-Nom. “Thank you for bringing Om-Nom home safely," said Mr Brain-Fright.
I was about to put up my hand and say that I lost Om-Nom, when I heard a sound.
"Rah, rah."
I turned around and saw Om-Nom in his pen! He had ran back to his nice, cosy bed, which I forgot to take home. Thank goodness he was safe.
"Now who would like to take home the class snake?" asked Mr Brain-Fright.
Not me!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!