The First Day

I squeezed my mum's hand tightly,when I
heard the bell ring. My mum leads me to my home group area. I felt like bursting in to tears but I had to say goodbye now. It was weird one hundred faces just staring at me. I
sat on the floor feeling gloomy. My teacher,
Miss Smith called me up to introduce myself.
"My name is Ella" I began " and I am new in this country."Now children we all need to help Ella make friends" "yes Miss Smith" screamed the children. " Now we will do some writing" Miss Smith told everyone. I had the jitters in my tummy as I was terrible in writing. As Miss Smith wrote something on the board, a girl named Molly came up to me and said "You don't deserve to be in this school" she pulled a face and went away.I wanted to shout at her but I knew it was best not to. Just then the lunch bell went. Then Molly came up to me again and looked at me in a mean way. Then a girl named Olivia came up to me and said "ignore her, she is always like that". "Oh" I said. "By the way you are the new girl right," asked Olivia. "Yes" I told her. She invited me to play with her and I agreed.
I came to know from Olivia that sports day of the school is approaching next month and she is participating in variety of activities. I thought I wasn't even good at running, so how could I be good at other sports without practice. Later, I went to the counter to enquire whether ,it is compulsory to participate. I was relieved to hear that it is not.
Soon ,it was time for school to finish. I had a FANTASTIC first day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!