The Flames Of Fire

“Fire! Fire! ” I was coming back home from a bike ride with my friend. I saw a fire edging closer to my house. I felt my stomach turn over. I got off my bike and stepped into the house. Quickly, I packed the emergency bag and told my friend that we needed to get to the emergency point.
My name is Matt. I am 21. I am a tall figure. I’ve got brown hair and blue eyes but what’s really cool is that I’m super strong. My friend is called Marvin and he is always making jokes. He has a lively character. He has green eyes like a cat and black hair. When he’s happy he wears an enormous grin on his face and he’s always happy. We both live in a really nice bush land area.
Marvin started to complain about the panicky look on my face. He was right but who wouldn’t look like that in a situation like this. Not Marvin of course but who else? “If we do die don’t look like that,” he said with a laugh. I checked to see if the emergency bag was there. It was. Suddenly I heard a loud hisssssss. “Look at your front wheel,” Marvin said. “Oh no !Wait! I packed a pump and tape in the emergency bag,” I exclaimed. We pumped up my wheel. Then we covered the hole with black tape.
The fire was closing in on us. Suddenly I heard a strange barking noise. It sounded like a cry for help. I screeched to a halt. Then I saw a koala. It was the one making the strange noises. It sounded like it was trying to get away from the fire. I could just reach the koala so I gently lifted it and put it in the backpack. As soon as I put it down, it gave a yowl of pain. I lifted it back up and saw it bleeding. I bandaged it.
It seemed like it could not get any hotter than this. Then I realised why. There was fire surrounding us. The koala and I couldn’t escape. “Oh well. That’s the end of me,” I said. I sat down and told Marvin that he was a nice friend and I couldn’t have asked for anyone better. I waited for an answer. No answer. I couldn’t see through the flames of fire. Then I heard a voice. It was Marvin’s voice. “Never fear Marvin’s here to save you all!” I heard the spray of water. I stood up and Marvin laughed. I began to feel frustrated. “Hurry up!” I shouted. He squirted water onto the fire. I headed for my bike. We went to the emergency point and I asked Marvin where he got the water from. He said he got the hose from the nearest house. We sat at the emergency point. Marvin said jokes and my house did not get touched by the fire!
By Hanah Samnakay

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!