Magic? Witch? Or Just Plain Odd!!

She turned her head in disgust, flashing her glassy green eyes. Her crocodile print, jail-like bag snapped its ferocious jaws as the tall slim lady circled her prey. Like the claws of a beast, her nails were sharper than daggers. She claims the Jabberwocky's blood is her favourite nail polish colour.

Jagged lightning bolts, orange curls of fire, poisonous cobras all stood upright upon her head. Like an earthquake, her blistering vocal chords could smash over 12,000 windows with one electrifying word. She spat salt at people who didn't impress her and knocked forgiving people on the head with her portable frying pan called Steve.

The lady wore chunky purple gloves and black bullet proof boots which could sense fear. The skirt she wore was a long fluorescent, slime-green flavour and the closer you got the more you could hear the intensity of her permanent dying fish, squashed bird throwing up sounds that cursed inside her skirt. A pure spider web laced-up top confirmed the whole outfit and reminded me to keep my mouth shut next time.

She has the face of a little girl, the body of an anorexic grandmother and the clothes of a witch. What is she?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!