Waves

Waves

The sound of seagulls. Screaming at the sea ahead of them. Strong winds pushing against the wild water, forming waves that angrily crash against a seaside cliff. The seagulls fly away, away from a distant storm cloud.

The furious winds get stronger and stronger, directing the cloud of disaster towards the land. Waves making a noisy drumroll on the wall of rocks. The cluster of calamity arrives. An unwelcome guest, bound to bring chaos to the land.

The sound of thunder, rumbling across the landscape. Lighting and rainfall striking the cliff. Waves smashing to the ocean surface. Winds howling like a pack of wolves.

The waves getting stronger, a miniature tsunami forms. Lighting striking hard on the wall of rock. Rain drops firing everywhere. Smash! A chunk of rock falls into the raging water. A disastrous storm. The seagulls were smart, they escaped just in time.

The howling of winds call up the giant of the ocean. The blue whale jumps out of the surface, wondering what caused such calamity. The raging storm wakes up others of blue whale’s kind. Leaping into the air, and splashing back in like a bomb.

The chaos moves into the land. The strong winds pushing past the coast. Lighting crawling inland. The seagulls have to run. The blue whales dive back into the sea, after being woken up by such noise.

The wall of stone still stands after all the damage. The clouds keep moving in, into the seaside town. People running around, looking for shelter. Helpless in the storm. Crash! A hole punched into a roof of red bricks. Screaming and crying of humans. The fear of no shelter.

The town, destroyed by the cloud of catastrophe, still moving into the land. Travelling through many areas, destroying everything in it’s path. The seagulls keep moving away, and away in fear of the storm, as it rages towards the innocent creatures.

Boom! Lighting strikes trees down. Falling into one another like a set of dominoes. All the inhabitants of the trees scrambling around for shelter. The storm giving no mercy to the vulnerable land.

Ahead is a farm. Where the seagulls are hiding. The only safe place left. The storm gets carried by the winds towards the farm. About to destroy whatever’s in it’s way. Crack! The sound of thunder in the distance wakes the seagulls from their sleep. The powerful drops of rain, coming down like bullets.

Where can the frightened birds go now. The storm continues, only to cause disaster to anything and everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!