Untitled

The longer you stay in the dark, the more vivid your surroundings become. You absorb the darkness making it your own. You breathe in the soothing silk feeling of nothing. You wrap your heart with the warmth with no objection. Your fingers nor knees tremble as they did the first time you welcomed the shade.

Velvet, soft, bitter taste of a place we all know so well.

But you,
Your visits are molded memories on the doorknob. Your footprints dance to the same song of misery and misplacement. You leave stains of loss. Loss so great that the darkness you welcome so well becomes a satisfaction, a sanctuary of just dwelling in your pain. Pain you no longer declare yourself a drowning victim, you swim, you let your scars absorb the pain of the water, you let your tears camouflage.
Despite your screams and tears- you always leave with that face.
A clear reflection of darkness: nothing.
You veil yourself with a paradox

...that I wish to solve.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!