Raised By The Light

My name is Annalise and I am going to tell you my story…
I was raised by the ‘People of Light. We live in the magical Forest filled with magical creatures. We all are normal people with a few notable differences, the wings, the hair, oh and the markings on our skin. Each ‘light’ has different markings and hair colour depending on their abilities and traits. My markings for instance are located on my face and arms and are the colours of purple and green, meaning leadership, lightest and life. My hair is a blond colour and has one pink highlight in my fringe, blonde being graceful and pink being feminine. My wings are different to all the rest, mine are bigger and a rainbow colour, which sometimes makes me wonder where I came from. You see, I never knew my parents. They apparently died when I was born, my mother from child birth and my father from being shot by a group of men trying to steal me as a baby and raise me as a ‘shadow’. ‘Shadows’ are beings of darkness and seek to destroy all light. The reason they chose me was because of a prophecy stating that I am destined for great things. My adopted father, Angus, is in charge of the light at the moment and raised me like his own.
When I was around 15 a group of shadows came and attacked my village. I remember the story well. It was morning and I woke up to the sound of my village bell ringing signalling an attack on the village. I sprung out of bed and ran to the door of the front door and saw my father furiously ringing the bell
“All the woman and children hide in the old oak tree and all the men warriors grab a weapon and stand in formation ready for attack”, he said running down the stairs leading to the main path and toward our house.
“Annalise. Go with the woman to the oak tree and stay there until this is all over”, he said running his hand down my face before going inside to grab his axe.
“Father! I can help you”, I yelled out after him.
“Annalise, these shadows are here for you! It would be better if you stay safe”, he said softly as he rushed down to the other men. He opened his blue wings and lifted off with half of the other warriors. Half of them stayed on ground as part of their battle formation. The shadows leapt forward and started fighting the light. The sight was horrific and almost made me cry. I turned my back on the fight and was facing the inside of the house and saw something shiny. I ran towards It and grabbed it with my right hand, it was and axe. I rushed outside and flung open my wings and soared up into the sky. The Sunlight reflected off my wings and across the village blinding the shadows, the light people took out the shadows faster than they did previously. I swept down across the shadows with my wings open knocking down the remaining shadows. My father rushed to where I had landed and gave me a huge hug. Then he yelled at me for not listening to him but also thanked me for saving the village. The woman and children were alerted that the light had won and returned to their homes.
And that is how I did a great thing and saved the village.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!