Jelly Bean

Blue, red, green, yellow and pink. Those were just some of the colours I saw. I can’t touch them though.
They belong to it.
They call it jelly bean after its favourite snack. It is so obsessed with its little treat that if you touch the jelly beans, you may cease to see the light of day.
It crawls and creeps in the dark corners and only survives on its precious jelly beans. I have once touched one of its delicacy treats and I have a scar to prove it. Well a mental scar, but it still counts.
I will never touch them again for all of eternity and this I can promise. But they are so delicious and just sitting there, staring at me. I can almost taste their sweet flavours in my mouth. Well maybe not never ever again…
I wipe the drool off my chin and continue to stare at the candy. One won’t hurt right? Slowly taking in my surroundings to make sure it is nowhere to be seen I quickly snatch one out of the packet and pop it into my mouth.
Oh the delicious, sweet taste dissolves in my mouth as I slowly chew. I moan in delight and savour this moment because I highly doubt I will ever get this chance again. I hear a creak of floor boards behind me and turn my head around so fast I almost get whiplash.
It’s coming for me. I knew it. I shouldn't have eaten the candy. I am doomed!
I scurry around a corner quickly just as I hear a horrific cry and the sound of booming footsteps. I am cowering in my corner gripping tightly onto my knees as I see the stumpy legs standing by the brown chestnut table. I can hear slow counting coming from the squeaky voice of the little creature and I already know I’m as good as dead. 1…4…2…7…12… It really can’t count. I hear another scream and more booming footsteps. It knows.
“Where are you Hannah Bean?!” it cries out, its high voice echoing through the long corridors. I whimper and huddle closer to the wall, gripping at my knees so tightly that one precious drop of blood drips from in between my fingers and onto the cold tiled floors.
“I see you…” it whispers into my ear, sending chills down my body.
“Noooo!” I cry out. “I’m sorry Jelly Bean! I’m so sorry!”
“You ate my jelly bean!” she cries out and starts to sob hysterically. I take her into my arms and pull her close to my chest as she wets my shirt with her tears.
“No! Don’t touch me! Hannah Bean, I hereby sentence you as no longer my big sister!” she yells to be and runs away, letting out a big sniffle.
I have one wacko sister.
But I love my little jelly bean.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!