The Eggventure

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One day, out in the forest a little girl named Daisy was picking cherries, because her mum Belinda was making twelve cherry ripe chocolates for Easter.
Daisy worked for half an hour and by the time she was finished she had sixty cherries. She took them back to her house and placed the cherries on the bench in the kitchen.
“Mum” Daisy called. A soft voice echoed from the laundry “Yes dear”
“Where are you?” Asked Daisy
“I’m in the laundry doing the washing.” Replied mum. Daisy walked over to the laundry. “I’ve finished picking the cherries”
“OK, I’ll be in the kitchen in a second, and then I can start making those cherry ripe chocolates,” said Mum.
“HORRAY” screamed Daisy “I love cherry ripe chocolates.”
Daisy ran to the kitchen. She quickly got out all the ingredients so her mum didn't have to do it. Then Daisy ran to her bedroom and sat down at her desk while her mum made the chocolates.
That night Daisy put out a basket before she went to bed so the Easter Bunny would bring her chocolate eggs.
In the middle of the night, Daisy had a dream. She was dreaming so hard that when she woke up she wasn't in her bed anymore. She was outside in a balloon with the Easter Bunny. “Hello” said Daisy quite shyly.
The Easter Bunny said “This year I want you to help me deliver all the chocolate eggs”
Daisy was happy to help. “Sure” she said.
Suddenly they flew high into the air. They went to 21 houses. After a while Daisy got tired. As she went to put her head on the Easter Bunny’s fluffy leg, she accidently knocked the basket of eggs and they toppled over the edge of the balloon.
“Down” said the Easter Bunny and they swooped down to the river where all the eggs had fallen. When they got down there they couldn't find the eggs anywhere. Suddenly Daisy saw something shiny in the river. She went over to find that there weren’t any eggs, there was just three bottle top lids.
In the bushes there was a ruler and a pen but no eggs. “Where could they have gone?” said Daisy
Just then the Easter Bunny saw a hole. They went over and……”THE EGGS!” they cried together.
The Easter Bunny was happy that he had found the eggs. Now he could deliver the rest of them.
The Easter Bunny landed the balloon and took Daisy back to her bed. Then before you could blink, he was gone.
That morning Daisy was amazed at how many Easter eggs the Easter Bunny had given her. There were five in the kitchen, twenty in the lounge room, three in her bedroom and ten outside. So Daisy had 38 eggs altogether.
Now Daisy and her mum could enjoy a nice Easter holiday.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!