Lost And Found

Blue was eating breakfast. Narelle was eating breakfast too. Narelle turned to Blue to see him wag his tail and she smiled. Blue was a cute little Staffy that Narelle rescued from the RSPCA just the previous year. She picked up her empty white bowel and walked towards the dishwasher, leaning down to pat Blue on the head on her way past. Then Narelle went to get her purple sandshoes and get dressed. Blue and Narelle were going on a long walk to the dog park that was the next suburb over from their house. She grabbed Blue’s leash and they were ready to go.
On the way they saw a very big dog with long scruffy hair. The dog had a large green collar with a giant nametag that said Shaggy.
“Oh No!” Shouted Narelle suddenly. Blue was very strong for such a little dog and had suddenly started pulling away from Shaggy harder and harder. In an instant whoosh, Blue ran at a rapid pace and disappeared around the corner. Narelle was very scared. She phoned her friend Sarah to help knock on everyone’s doors and try to find Blue. Narelle began searching around the neighbourhood. When Sarah arrived she gave Narelle a comforting hug.
“Are you alright?” Asked Sarah.
“Not really…” answered Narelle, “help me keep looking.”
They visited every house but Blue was nowhere to be found. Finally they said goodbye and went home miserably.
When Narelle got home she slowly walked with her head down as she walked up her front path. She lifted her head to open the door and there sitting on the doorstep was Blue smiling and wagging his tail. Narelle smiled in relief and cuddled him for a very long time. Then she laughed a little and said, “I love you, please never ever do that again!”
That night Narelle was so happy that she even let Blue sleep in her bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!