I Remember

I remembered.

I remembered the sound of screeching metal, the smell of deadly smoke and the thought of my best friends body, lying pathetically on the dark steep gravel road. Then the questions come tumbling in. Why was she texting in the first place? Where where we even going without permission?
But then the biggest and most important thought fills my head, blinding me. Abbie.
Is she okay? I try to yell her name, but all that comes out is a low moan, a sort of thing that couldn't attract the dancing light of the doctor's and nurses. They had much bigger things on their mind, like keeping us alive. I try again and a whisper comes out of my dry lips.
"Your friend's fine" one of the dancing doctor's tell's me. "She's asking for you"
I feel the stress lighten from my shoulders and my heavy chest isn't so heavy anymore. She was okay. I was okay. We were both okay.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!