Oh You Silly Boy

‘’Sullivan, just go and water the seedlings in the garden!’’ called his mother. ‘’They’re dropping in this heat!”
“Right mother!’’ said Sullivan. He shut his book and wondered what to take to water the seedlings. He saw the teapot on the shelf and was just the thing he needed to use. So he grabbed the teapot and filled it with water from the kitchen tap. But this wasn’t any ordinary teapot, it was mum’s favourite teapot. So he went out in the garden without noticing a thing.
He poured the water from the teapot on to the seedlings. He went back to the kitchen to fill the teapot again, as it didn’t hold that much water. ‘’CRASH!‘’ Mum’s favourite teapot was broken. Sullivan’s mother came in the kitchen when she heard the loud crash coming from the kitchen. She saw that sullivan has broken her favourite teapot. She yelled out, ‘’Sullivan, what have you done? You have broken my favourite teapot. Next time use a watering can, not a teapot.’’ ‘’Right ma!’’ said Sullivan, and went back to his book.
The next day Sullivan’s aunt came over to see his mother who was out. The aunt sat down at the kitchen table. ‘’Oh Sullivan, get me some lemonade to cool myself from this heat.” ‘’Okay’’, said Sullivan.
So he went to the cupboard, got a cup and some lemon. He wandered what to carry the lemonade in. ‘’Ah, I know. Mum said to use a watering can next time.” So Sullivan found a watering can, poured some water in the can, got the lemons, squeezed them and then added some sugar.
He put the cup in front of his aunt. He got the watering can full of lemonade and started pouring the lemonade, but the tipping hole was on the end. ‘’SPLASH!’’. Aunt’s new dress was now ruined. ‘’Oh, you silly boy,” shouted his aunt. ‘’Next time use a jug! Jug! Jug!” She stepped out of the house as his mother came in. ‘’Sullivan, next time use your brain and not your ‘potato’ head.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!