Gender Defenders

“Get ready for landing.” An excessively deep voice boomed through the speakers. A private jet plane was just about to land in LA.
(Six minutes later…)
Three six-pack security guys in black t-shirts stepped down the ramp followed by a plump TV host with four boys and girls heading over to an old castle.
Once inside the girls grabbed two four-posted beds in a pink room. The boys snatched a blue. They all settled down for a nap.
The next morning the girls awoke to the sound of music through the very thin but stylish paper wall.
“Shut-up you morons!” Lolli hollered. “Interrupting your beauty sleep?” Jason replied. Lolli and Jason are so stupid, they are exactly the same at everything. But because they are not the same gender they are over competitive.
The others in the competition are Bobby, Kane, Dave, Sally, Zizz and Jess. Dave and Jess are smart, Sally is pretty, Zizz is hypo and Bobby and Kane are cute and dull.
Sat 8:00am
“Battle one gender defenders! Now kiddies as you know.” “We, well the girls anyway are not kiddies, we are teens. Got it punk?” Lolli sneered while abusively pulling he host’s tie. “Right,” the host continued while correcting his obstructed tie.
“The first challenge is…” (drum roll) “THE OBSTACLE COURSE!”
“Your team captains, Jess and Dave will select a person from their team to go through the tyre wall, raise your flag, tip green slime on your opponent’s path and raise their team flag to win.
HONK!
Lolli and Jason sprinted their hardest and began tearing at the tyres. Lolli climbed over gaining a lead while Jason trailed behind him. She grabbed the slime bucket and with a smirk tipped it swiftly into Jason’s path. The flag went up and DING! “The girls win!” the host announced pompously.
Later that evening….
“That’s the point. Mm hmm” Sal murmured. “Wha” Lolli interjected obnoxiously. “Bye” “Huh?” “She’s on the phone Lolli.” Jess said annoyingly. “Goodnight!” Jess wasn’t in a good mood.
Sun 8:00am
“Morning kiddi-teens, I mean teens.” The host stuttered after Lolli gave him a dirty look. “Today there is a twist.” The host said hesitantly glancing at Lolli. “Instead of the dart throwing challenge,” GULP, “We’ll be doing a nerd makeover.” “You need to make your assigned nerd a makeover to make him cooler, smarter, in fashion and more confident.
HONK!
The girls snatched a nerd and dressed him in a black buttoned up suit with a rose pinned on. The boys dressed him in the latest men’s fashion – including armbands etc.
“The challenge goes to the boys!” The host hooted, but shrunk back after a glare from Lolli.
Mon 8:00am
“Good-morning teens” the host said teens with a lot of emphasis. “Time for the tie breaker. The Tree Labyrinth. Everyone except the team captains will hide in a tree and the team captains will race to find the oppositions remaining players, and the first team to ring the bell will win the competition.”
HONK!
Sal easily found Kane and Bobby wrestling on a branch in a Maple tree. She had trouble finding Bobby but lucky Jess was on the case. Jess text to Sal – Bobby is across from me in a tree in the orchard. Sal raced to the designated spot and found Bobby and then sprinted back to ring the bell. All the girls invited the boys to the after party, however Jason and Lolli were missing. They were found kissing under the tree in the orchard.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!