The Fire That Stole A Stloe

I’m home alone, baby-sitting my brother Sam. I could smell thick black smoke. I ran to the large glass window. I look up at the sun to see it disappearing behind the thick black cloud. My eyes caught something glowing. I need to try to get to Sam but was stopped by thick black smoke. I was surrounded.


The large glowing fire was raging towards the house. The uncontrolled fire was burning anything that gets in its way. The smoke alarms are going off, piercing my ears. I need to try to get up stairs to Sam. I was surrounded by six foot flames and smoke that burns your eyes. I act fast and drop to my knees hoping that there is going to be less smoke. I could feel the fire say ‘come play’.
“NO, I need a path” I yelled over the crackling fire. The angry flames started to climb the stairs. I was confident the fire wouldn’t hurt me but if the roof comes down, that will. My eyes caught something, a pole covered in burning wood and fire. I act fast, I forced my legs to crawl faster but they didn’t from all the stress, my eye lids started to close but I refuse to stop. BOOM! That was close. I started to crawl up the stairs, while my body was burning because of the heat, but that’s not going to kill me. I was up the stairs now but I was too late. His room was blazing with light. I couldn’t do anything. I had to let go.


The fire moved on. Mum came home, I guess it is not a home anymore. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry” I mumbled with tears running down my cheeks, like waterfalls that never end. I could feel mum’s warm hands come around me. I stared to sob. “It’s alright” mum said with tears in her eyes. “It not alright, that fire stole a beautiful soul” I said with pain. We both stared in each other’s eyes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!