The ;Animatronic

Boom! As the lightning struck and the thunder boomed, late one night an old man called Mr Groan was laying on his damaged wooden bed. Mr Groan had lived in a big old mansion much loved with a beautiful garden by the most tremendous beach called the Wonderful Beach.
He lay in his bed till he heard a loud noise, it was coming from downstairs. He heard the clinking and clanking noise of the something or someone that was coming upstairs, he was panicking, he wanted to jump out the window were the ladder stood up but he was very scared and his legs were like glued to the bed, Mr Groan just lay there sobbing.
The noise grew louder. It was coming closer, coming to the top of the stairs, Mr Groan heard bashing. And stomping. It sounded like someone stomping on a tin can. Something or someone was coming towards his room. It was definitely stomping and banging and crash-ing and clanking. Mr Groan gave a little sob. He wanted to yell. He wanted to shout for help. But he didn’t. He lay there with his mouth zipped, hoping the something or someone would get out.
Light appeared under the bedroom door. Soft flickering light, like light from a light that was broken. Mr Groan gasped. His heart was beating fast and his head started to spin.

And then the door began to open slowly light flickering into the room. Slowly but quietly the door began to open. And there in the dark of the hall stood the animatronic of Keith Kangaroo. He had a mask of a bear over his head with holes put in for the eyes. You could see the Animatronics metal insides. In both hands Keith was holding a Machine Gun. Eyes stared through the mask.
Mr Groan froze….His heart almost stopped with fear as Keith Kangaroo started to walk to-wards the bed. He moaned. His body lunging forward. He stretched out a hand too Mr Groan, a long, metal hand. Then the light turned off. It was completely black.
Mr Groan shouted. He put his hands to his mouth and shouted and shouted. Then he jumped out of his bed. He stumbled down the stairs but before he could get out the front door a long, metal hand grabbed him. He yelled for help it was too late, he was turned into an animatronic. He heard the last words of Keith Kangaroo “You are now the new anima-tronic” he said laughing to himself. Since that day no one had ever seen Mr Groan again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!