Nexus Watch

There were two brothers named North and South. They were really protective over each other and they were that powerful together no one had the guts to stand up to them. Both of their parents recently passed away when they were both five years. So obviously they are twins. Few months later they lived with their aunt who adored them until they were older enough to live on their own. After a few years passed North and South moved in together in a caravan not so far away from a camp site.
Later on at night South came across what he thought was a shooting star but as it came close to his direction it started getting bigger and bigger. Eventually the star landed between trees and gravel. He couldn't help himself and ran towards the star. Its surroundings were filled with fire and burnt dead grass, he climbed inside the hole to see what had appeared. It was a watch… a bright fluorite blue and white watch. On the side of the watch it said Nexus. He picked it up but the watch forcefully wrapped itself around South’s wrist. He tried ripping it off but it wouldn't budge a bit. He started feeling slow pains inside his veins and started having seizures and visions. He ran back to the caravan and planned to immediately wake up North.
South barges threw the doors and rip the door clean off the bolts. He woke up North and started panicking. North was confused and asked
“What’s going on?”
South tried to explain but couldn't help himself stuttering. North yelled and said
“Take a deep breath and stop panicking!”
South explained to North and said
“The watch is permanently wrapped around my wrist and it won’t come off”!
North understood everything. He tried everything possible to get the watch off but it wouldn't budge. He has tried: Scissors, knives and a crowbar. He tried everything but didn't move a bit. South thought of an idea and said
“What about water?”
North said
“Water and electricity don’t go good together.”
South didn't listen and tried anyway. North did everything to stop him but wouldn't succeed. He eventually ran to the closest river and dropped his hand inside. The watch gave him a mild shock and forced him to go unconscious.
A few days later south woke up in hospital with the watch no longer on his wrist but left with eternal scars and visible veins. The doctor said to him
“Your wrist has an insanely amount of power and energy and it’s not only in your wrist… it’s all through your arm”
South was amazed and excited that he had this mysterious power in his arm, but North was struck with jealousy…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!