Ocean Storm

Here I am at the beach training for my big canoe to Jookia. I canoe each day for 5 hours straight, I start at 6:30 and I finish at 11:30.I am here at the beach at 6:30am.

I am getting my canoe out onto the water going half way to Jookia, and tomorrow I am canoeing all the way! On my way there there was a fish as big as an elephant yeah it was humongous! I went under the coral reef, it was so pretty I just had to dive in it, and it was gorgeous, prettier than jewellery.

I wanted to stay there for the rest of the day, but there was no time to waste I had to prepare for tomorrow.

I went back home to have dinner, I had to have something healthy and something to prepare me for tomorrow. I ended up having scrambled eggs, and I can say it was delicious.

I went to bed around 9:00, nice and early just for tomorrow. It was very easy to fall asleep, I was sleeping peacefully and then my alarm went off. At 6:00 I got dressed really quick and rang the boat squad that hang around me in case any problems came along. We met at 6:30 and left at 7:00.

The first half was really easy but when I had another 500k to go, it was much harder, I felt like the waves were getting bigger and the wind was getting stronger, it was really hard. Then it started to rain and thunder and get stronger and stronger. Waves were getting bigger and bigger. I didn’t know what to do. I knew what was going to happen I just knew it. It was going to crash right on top of me.

Second by second it was coming closer.

Yep here I am under the water I am stuck, its pulling me down, so far down I am seeing sharks. I also landed on some and some oysters. I tried to swim up and I tried to not panic. I could not breathe, all I wanted was to be up the top. All of a sudden a shark was hungry and started following me. That made me even more scared.

I was about three meters away from the top. My head was spinning I was hoping the rescue crew would dive down and try rescue me. Before I knew it, I fainted. I knew I was going to die, I knew I would never wake up.

But surprisingly, I woke up in my hospital bed I wanted to start spewing out water but they already pumped it out of me. I felt so sick. I went to go get a glass of water with my left arm but I didn’t have one. I was as angry as aggravated bee. I asked how it happened and they said all the pressure from the wave pushing me down made my arm snap in half. But I told myself I would never give up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!