Eleutheria

I race down the mountainside, my metallic wings flapping behind me. The mountain is as smooth as my steel wingtips. Of course, the amazing beauty of our world should no longer surprise me, for I am Eleutheria, God of freedom, who has thrived upon the Machis since the beginning of time. Who used to thrive.
In my world, there are two political parties: Gaia Supporters and Titan Supporters. We Gaia Supporters want to keep the Machis together, whereas the Titan Supporters want to break it apart into many smaller worlds.
An etos (or year) ago, the Titan Supporters’ leader, Galaxias Kyklos, started a war. Galaxias wants to destroy the Machis during the chaos of battle by ripping it at the roots, literally. I am headed there to stop him.
I am brought back to my senses when, far below me, I spot a mass of trees that have been ripped out of the ground and thrown in a pile.
I soon find the source of disturbance. It is Gigas, titan of strength and Titan Supporter.
He turns his huge, helmeted head in my direction as I dive towards him, my ‘crescent moon’ scythe at the ready. He swings both of his massive red fists towards me, aiming to crush. I dodge and dive towards him. I swing my weapon with such force it sends me spinning away. I look down at Gigas and start to sweat as I see that he looks fine. I decide to try and escape, when, in an almost comical way, his head slides off his neck. Gold liquid pours from his neck as he falls to the ground.
I keep flying in the direction of the Machis’ roots.
I’m closing in on the roots when I see a distant figure in a pure, white cloak. I gasp as I realise it is Galaxias Kyklos, the all-powerful titan who never strays from his white cloak. Suddenly, all I want to do is fly away. What can I do against the most powerful titan on the Machis?
No, I must keep on…
I fly as fast as I can, towards the roots.
I am about to reach them when a huge shockwave sends me flying backwards. I land in the side of a mountain, a crater in the side of Gaia’s beautiful rocky wave. My body is completely destroyed. Galaxias levitates to me and lands near my head. He says nothing. It seems I have been hit by Galaxias’ famous ‘exploding star’ shockwave, and so have the roots. I look into his blinding, flame-like eyes. Behind him, the Machis is shaking and, suddenly, explodes into a million pieces. Everything turns black. Galaxias’ body becomes invisible because it looks exactly like our dark, starry surrounds. As I float away from him, I see a distant blue and green orb. It reminds me of the beautiful world I lived on a few minutes ago. I reach forwards towards it. “Earth,” I croak

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!